Need Help Building Your Membership?
While some clubs enjoy a healthy membership, others may be struggling to simply conduct a meeting each week. whatever your situation, membership-building is a sure-fire way to propel your club’s success.
An open house is an excellent opportunity to draw people to your meeting and show them what Toastmasters has to offer.
Follow these easy steps and your club is sure to attract many new members:
- Plan out your meeting to showcase each segment (i.e., Table Topics, prepared speeches, evaluations).
- Explain the benefits of each of those segments, as well as the importance of club meeting roles.
- Publicize your open house well in advance, so people can plan to attend.
- Have brochures, flyers and promotional items on hand for your guests.
- Provide refreshments.
- Be sure to welcome each guest and have them sign the guest book.
- Important: Follow up with each guest after the meeting.
Here is more information about how to hold a successful open house.
Additional resources can be found on the Toastmasters Web site at
Before you begin planning your open house, analyze your club’s strengths and weaknesses by using this checklist.